Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I Was Plagiarized!

This would not be the first time plagiarism has surfaced in this election. As some of you may recall, Sir Barack Obama was accused of the very charge, taking his now infamous "Just words" speech from friend Deval Patrick.

Imagine my surprise, then, when I discovered that my dear Hillary Clinton had plagiarized my own words! In today's Pittsburgh Tribune-Review interview, Mrs. Clinton had this to say about the Reverend Wright:

"He would not have been my pastor," Clinton said. "You don't choose your family, but you choose what church you want to attend."

Is that not a paraphrase of one of my earlier postings, when I compared my inability to choose that wretched Lady Catherine for my aunt with Obama choosing his preacher? Hillary Clinton swiped the words directly from my fingertips.

Now how seriously am I taking these charges? With the utmost care, let me assure you. Am I to write this off as "just words," as Mr. Obama and his operatives might say? Of course not. These utterances have penetrated my heart deeply, like arrows sprung from the fingers of a master archer, striking bulls-eye in my left ventricle.

Yes indeed. Only Cupid's hand could aim so adroitly. I almost dare not think it, but could it be that my lady Hillary Clinton has come to love me? I can only hope.

No comments: