Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I Couldn't Choose my Uncle Either...Oh Wait, He Could

Sir Barack Obama's defense of his longtime cohort, Pastor Wright, has been summed up as a relationship with an old uncle. To give you the exact quote: "[Rev. Wright] is like an old uncle who says things I don't always agree with."

That got me to thinking about my relations, and I recalled how little say I had over my own Aunt, Lady Catherine, the villain responsible for my current whereabouts (I think, anyway). Interesting, though, how I did manage to show enough judgment to defy my aunt and marry the woman I loved. Mr. Obama has done no such thing.

Then it occurred to me that Reverend Wright is not even Sir Barack's real uncle, but a friend close enough to be considered family. Hrmmm. Something smells like the Thames.

No comments: