Monday, March 10, 2008

How it Happened

Dear Readers,

It was the most unnerving thing. There I was, pleasantly entrenched in one of our language's most scintillating novels, when all of a sudden I found myself transported into a new era: the 21st century.

Needless to say, it is a truth universally acknowledged that a man of great fortune who ventures into the future suffers greatly from inflation, but my goodness, what an astonishing exchange rate! My sources tell me the Americas rule the world now, but thanks to the unprecedented decline of the American dollar, I've managed to find myself a comfortable abode overseas.

I may not be as wealthy as I once was, but my civility still goes unquestioned (thank you Lizzy), and as such, I'll be applying my eloquence to modern day affairs.

Your most obedient and humble servant,
Mr. Darcy

P.S. I'd like to get in contact with that old chap, Dick Cheney. Perhaps we could go for a hunt together. I hear he's a worse shot than I am!

No comments: