Tuesday, March 11, 2008

George W. reminds me of Mr. Collins

It confounds me that you Americans, who opposed our George III with such vehemence, would go and elect an inept George of your own.

I watched that inarticulate fellow on the television - CNN I believe they call it - and I was startled by his resemblance to a meanderer from my time: Mr. Collins.

His difficulty in pronouncing words and failure to pick up on social mannerisms were all too familiar. Fortunately, back in my age, Mr. Collins only stood as church leader of Rosings Park. How is it that you Americans would "elect" such a man?

This must be Lady Catherine's doing. I blame her for all my misfortunes. Are the shades of Pemberley to be thus polluted in my absence?

1 comment:

OhWhatAPlay said...

If it's George you're after, I recommend you see this film (you would think of it as a 'living novel'): http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110428/

Happy viewing!