Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Catching Up with the Times

Racism in America has been a foreign concept to me...up until now that is.

I've been doing my research on the history of American race relations, and I cannot help but react to the stark comparisons in yesterday's Mississippi primary voting:

As demonstrated here, my dear Hillary won nearly 3/4 of the white vote, while Sir Barack Obama took 9/10 of the black vote.

These are certainly disturbing images, and it's perplexing how I suddenly find myself a pugnacious crusader against racism. In just a few meager days, I have transformed from a white aristocrat unfamiliar with oppressed minorities to one who wishes to fight for them.

Indeed, I have adapted quickly to the times. Perhaps I'm more adaptable because, well, I started out in a novel. After all, I was adapted into a number of movies if that's any indication.

In the course of my research, however, I could not prevent myself from noticing the cornucopia of civil rights acts performed by my esteemed Hillary, and as such feel all the more disturbed.

Why must my dear Hillary suffer under false pretenses? She is no racist! To all my devoted black readers (and I know there are many...I hope...wait, do I have any readers?), please give this fine woman another chance to convince you on her policies.

If my experiences are any indication, listen to Hillary articulate on subprimes and you will feel weak in the knees. Oh, how I'm falling for that damsel!

No comments: