Monday, March 10, 2008

The Delegate Mess

I've been studying American politics quite closely, specifically as it relates to the delegate mess in Michigan and Florida.

It reminds me of a similar situation back in my time, when speculators from Devonshire attempted to undermine the British government on a land surveying initiative by campaigning early.

Despite their actions (I punished them by serving sour tea and stale scones when they visited Pemberley), we knew that their voices were true, and that as landowners, they deserved a say.

Such is the same with these renegade states, whose juvenile actions ought to be frowned upon, but not silenced. Today, I would serve Bill Nelson and Charlie Crist a crusty blueberry muffin, but I would never thwart their constituencies.

If the prior vote is to be ignored, then surely there must be a revote. Otherwise, Mr. Obama might find himself sipping dishwater.

No comments: